How to Seal the Deal While Recruiting Top Talent! (Part 3 of 3)
- Send your candidates a personalized note of thanks after each interview. What better way to inspire confidence in your organization and in your own character? This takes time, but it’s well worth the time, as it often leads to gaining business years later.
- Don’t hire the candidate with the perfect resume and who “knows it all”. Rather, hire for their attitude, cultural fit and willingness to listen and be coached. The successful candidate’s experience will build eventually if you hire people with the right stuff.
- When the winning candidate has accepted your offer, send them a handwritten “Welcome To The Team!” card. Tell them about your excitement and map out how their first week in the role will be spent learning the company, their teammates, tools, culture and responsibilities. Generate excitement!
- Once the candidate has joined the team, give them a notebook and tell them to write down questions, no matter how small or seemingly silly. Then commit to spending sufficient time with them each day during their training period to help them gain context and feel like a part of the team.
- Get your new associate thinking forward during their first week on the job. Get them thinking of you as a peer, not as “The Boss,” by offering to work together on their 30-60-90-day plan. Talk with them about what they want to learn, what they want to accomplish and what it will look like at each of these milestones during the early days. Build momentum!
- Schedule a recurring one to one meeting with your new associate as their leader during the first day on the job. Help them understand that you’ll be meeting and talking to them regularly about opportunities, accomplishments, challenges, development, tools and training. Start this from day one! Let them know that you take their success personally, forever!
There you go. With these three blog articles, you have a detailed plan of action to go into the market and make waves by recruiting and hiring the talent that will drive your future success!