You must make sure that you make your culture strong and resilient for the purposes of attracting and retaining the most talented and valuable employees who can drive positive change and growth in your company and serve customers better than any competitor could. Here are the seven components of a great culture that will attract talent to your company as you grow.
- Two-Way Communication – You must communicate regularly and proactively with your associates and keep them well-informed about “need to know” company information. You must work hard to also communicate context, as well as content, the “why” behind the content. You also need to demonstrate daily that you care about your teammates and want to understand their candid feedback about the business and to listen thoughtfully to their best ideas.
- A Positive Environment – Every workplace must provide associates with a sense of psychological and physical safety. Associates want to know that they belong to a positive cause, one worth fighting for. Give them a great experience, and relentlessly positive leaders with a vision to provide an excellent future.
- Alignment – When you place your company’s core values front and center, and use them in recruiting, hiring, training, and managing performance day in and day out, your associates know what is expected of them and have a map to success. Provide your associates with meaningful work, where they can collaborate with other positive, growth-minded teammates to build something of extraordinary value.
- Acknowledgement – Your associates will never shine at their brightest unless you make it a point to celebrate the wins along the way, as individuals, and as collaborative teams. Associates need to feel appreciated and recognized with rewards for great behavior to achieve their best level of contribution.
- Autonomy – Again, your associates cannot become their best selves unless you challenge them to be at their best, and encourage them to think for themselves, and to act with great independence as they make positive decisions. Only micromanage an associate when underperforming, and let their best work shine through daily.
- Commitment to Growth – Your company must grow or the competition will overtake it. In the same way, a great organization must provide its associates with plentiful opportunities to develop new experiences and skills. Your associates must feel encouraged to drive their own career advancement and know deep down that you are just as committed to their career development and success as they are.
- Competitive Compensation – Of course people work in a capitalist society to provide resources, and wealth for their families. You need to be competitive and provide a winning combination of money, benefits, perks, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. There is no greater asset than fine people to run the business, reward them well…
Michael is a Certified Business Coach and an award-winning member of the Professional Business Coaches Alliance. He works closely with small and medium-sized businesses and their owners and leadership teams to help them to master the people sides of their businesses, including leadership development, management excellence and team collaboration. In the end these disciplines help Michael’s clients to grow smoothly and to run more profitable businesses. Michael provides Extended DISC assessment reports to companies looking to build greater cohesion and collaboration among their leadership teams and associates. Collaboration has never been more important and having great assessments and reports that help your leaders to drive positive changes in your business is incredibly valuable. Are you ready to invest in your company’s future today and change how your teammates communicate, collaborate and work together? Michael’s clients consistently deliver extraordinary ambitious results through greater collaboration and greater ability to manage relationships with colleagues. For more information about our Extended DISC program, just send us an email at email@example.com.