I was having a conversation today with a young lion, one of those emerging leaders that has a destiny of predictable success just ahead of him. I asked him what advice he would give a recent college graduate if he was onboarding them to his company. This young man has about 8 years of experience since graduating from college and joining the workforce. Here are the gems that he gave me, that I wanted to share with you…
Themes Of Success
1. Don’t wait to build a great plan. Change is coming, get in front of it. Plan for success, and plan early.
2. Be an action taker. Don’t sit around waiting for success. Pursue it like you mean business.
3. Ignore the critics. When you feel it in your bones that your idea is a good one, ignore the people who tell you it will never work. It will…
4. There is power in relationships. Build them by acting with honor. Collaborate with your teammates and help them win. They’ll reciprocate.
5. Don’t let fear slow you down. Mistakes happen every day. The people who make them without falling apart, pivot quickly and learn from them.
6. Create value. Solve problems. Create and seize opportunities. Understand what your boss wants. Understand what your customer wants. Give it to them, gladly.
7. Differentiate yourself by HOW you position yourself. You cannot control the circumstances of your life, but you damn sure can control your response to those circumstances. Make it positive!
8. Be curious and attentive. It’s what you ASK your colleagues and your customers that differentiates you from the competition.
9. Don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do. Figure out how to do something to create value, right now. Get started.
10. Always be a giver. Never be a passenger or a taker. Life is about inspiring the people around you to become their best selves. Get busy, and go first.
I’m very interested to see what you think about this young man’s Themes of Success. Personally, I love the themes. I think his advice is brilliant. It’s simple and straightforward, and seems like a list that could be within the reach of nearly anyone, if they gave it their best effort. Obviously, it is working for him, and I suspect we’ll be seeing more and hearing more from this tremendous young lion as he continues to learn, and lead, and develop.
Michael is a certified Master Professional Business Coach and Executive Development Coach. Michael’s company, Michael Beach Coaching & Consulting has multiple Master Coaches, all of whom work with C-Suite Executives and Emerging Leaders in fast-growth industries all over the United States. Michael’s team of Master Coaches helps their clients to lead with distinction and to achieve results that most companies dare not dream of. If you’d like to talk with Michael or one of his Master Coaches about investing in your leadership team, contact us at email@example.com. We’ll provide you with a no-cost, no-obligation discovery session where we’ll provide you with a handful of ideas you can execute immediately to raise the level of your game.