A recognized leader in the high technology software industry, Ron Friedman brings more than 30 years of direct sales, sales training, sales management, and general management expertise to Michael Beach Coaching & Consulting. Ron’s most recent corporate position was that of President, Chief Operating Officer of Compart AG, an output management software company headquartered in Boblingen, Germany.
Prior to Compart, Ron was President and COO of Group 1 Software. During his 17-year tenure with Group 1, Friedman oversaw the firm’s initial public offering (NASDAQ – GSOF), negotiated and implemented key acquisitions, directed international expansion, and grew annual revenues to over $150M. In 2003, Group 1 was sold to Pitney Bowes for in excess of $450M.
Prior to Group 1 Software, Ron held a partnership position at Fineman & Associates, a consulting firm specializing in internal cost management programs as well as sales and marketing strategies. Before joining Fineman, for over 15 years combined, he held senior management positions with two companies that provided computer services and turnkey computer solutions to wholesalers, manufacturers, and public accounting firms.
For more than 30 years, he has led and consulted with companies that have achieved significant growth and success. Repeatedly, the results of his work have allowed these companies to expand their markets – both geographically and vertically. Whether the distribution model is direct, indirect, or a combination, the tactical processes, training, and coaching he employs have allowed these companies to achieve their strategic objectives.
As a coach and consultant, he is able to leverage this track record to achieve impressive revenue and operational results for clients in the areas of:
- Executive and Senior Management Coaching
- Revenue Acceleration
- Business Transformation/Expansion
- Customized Sales Process Design and Training
- International Sales and Operations Expansion
- Public Speaking
- As COO, grew a North American B2B software company’s revenue from $1M to $150M (30% CAGR), took the company public, and sold it for $500 Million.
- As COO of a European software company, grew revenue >40% annually, expanded distribution channel to new markets in Europe and the Americas, rebuilt direct and indirect distribution channels and all customer support functions.
- Implemented sales and distribution processes leading to large improvements in productivity, forecast accuracy, and revenue growth.
- Established management processes that strengthened partner channels and pipeline measurement.
- Provided impactful guidance to CEO/Owner(s) as an advisor and/or board member.
- Designed and implemented sales compensation plans to motivate sales personnel and reward performance.
- Established hiring/interviewing processes which consistently reduced turnover of new representatives by >50% from industry averages.
- Implemented partner distribution practices to complement an organization’s direct channel structure while limiting channel conflict.
- Established metrics for all aspects of customer-facing activities (sales, marketing, professional services, education) that allowed management to proactively manage these activities more successfully.
- More than 3 decades of successfully building and managing technology companies & consulting with others to do the same
- Proven ability to impact revenue quickly.
- Strong international sales, operations, and distribution experience.
- Coach and mentor in the areas of change management, partner management, geographic expansion, acquisition initiatives, and exit strategies.
- Creator of The Psychology of Selling© sales process.