Your survey responses indicate that you are currently operating your business similar to our clients who are at level three – Executive.
Typically, businesses at this level have an executive team and defined processes. The owner and team are well focused on the same SMART goals that continue to improve customer and employee relations. Everyone is committed to meeting and exceeding those goals, and your team operates your business efficiently and effectively – so long as you are there to lead.
Refinements at this level may revolve around questions such as:
Do all your sales people have a thorough understanding of how the features of your products and services benefit your clients or customers? Can they relate those benefits to prospects in a meaningful business conversation that leads to exceeding the new client or customer’s expectations?
What new needs does your target market have? Are there new markets you should be tapping? Are you challenging yourselves to keep your relationships with your customers and prospects fresh and expanding?
Is your team ready to lead the company without you? Can you keep the excitement morale levels high like in the early entrepreneurial days of your company? How do you put in a whole new level of systems and processes without killing profit margins and limiting customer focus?
If any of these questions are keeping you awake at night, then you are experiencing the classic “flowing” pains of this business level. It may be time for your company to stand on its own two feet and for you to move from flowing to rewarding. We’ve identified that these are common issues for businesses at this level:
- Who on your leadership team is ready to step up? Do they have the drive and capabilities necessary for success? Or, do you need to hire your next leader?
- You and your team may feel you’re not on the leading edge of your industry anymore. How can you get back to industry leadership?
- If overhead is eating your profit margins, how do you become lean again?
- Employee turnover and training is becoming too costly. How do you recruit, train, and retain great people?
- Systems that manage operations and sales are not keeping pace with growth. How do you streamline your systems and processes? How do you make those investment decisions? Which systems are best?
- You’ve always dreamed of stepping back from leading this business to pursue other dreams but are feeling trapped in the business
You’re not alone. These are common issues at this level of company maturity. The good news is that there are proven and tested answers. We will ensure that you and your team have the skills and efficient systems that will transform your company to allow you to step out of the day-to-day and leave a powerful legacy.
Contact Michael today at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-335-4505 to arrange for a free two hour consultation to discuss the current state and your desired state for your business!
- Sales Best Practices Series: Grooming A Talented New Sales Professional
- Sales Best Practices Series: Grooming A New Sales Professional
- The Manager’s Minute (for Emerging Leaders): Mental Toughness…Don’t Back Down!
- A Real Career Dilemma
- The Manager’s Minute (for Emerging Leaders): Should you feel a sense of entitlement?